Embassy and Consulates of Belgium in Japan


There are three possibilities to obtain a power of attorney for, e.g. buying or selling a real estate in Belgium, to accept a donation or an inheritance in Belgium etc.

  • You digitally sign a power of attorney (Dutch or French information) to a person of trust (relative or friend) or notarial employee which allows that person of trust to sign the notarial deed in your name with the Belgian notary. For more information, please contact your Belgian notary.
  • You ask your Belgian notary to e-mail a draft of power of attorney to the following address of the Federal Public Service Foreign Affairs, notaribox@diplobel.fed.be. After that, the Embassy in Tokyo will contact you and will request some additional documents to be submitted. Only then a date can be convened for the signature of the deed at the Embassy.
  • You sign a power of attorney before a Japanese notary. You will then have to obtain the necessary legalization and translation (to Dutch, French or German) of that power of attorney. 

For more information about notary acts in Belgium you can consult this site.