Embassy and Consulates of Belgium in Japan
Home Consular services Social Security Pensions Life certificate

Life certificate



Belgian pensioners

Belgian citizens who are entitled to a Belgian pension and receive a form "Certificat de vie/Levenscertificaat" of the Belgian Federal Pension Office or an other Belgian Pension office should submit the life certificates at the Embassy of Belgium, where the necessary signature and stamp of the Embassy of Belgium will be placed on the documents. After this, these documents should be send back to the pension office.

Non- Belgian pensioners

Japanese citizens who are entitled to a Belgian pension and received a form ‘Certificat de vie’ of the Belgian Federal Pension Office or other an Belgian Pension Office, are requested to follow the following steps:

! Do not sign or date the life certificate in advance. This should be done in front of the notary public.

  1. The Life certificate has to be presented at the local authorities for signature and seal;
  2. If it is not possible to obtain the signature at your local municipality, please present yourself at your local Notary Public Office;
  3. Present yourself at the Notary Public Office with your identification and ask for a ‘Certificate of acknowledgement of Notary’;
  4. The Notary Public Office will check your identity and attach a ‘Certificate of acknowledgement of Notary’, signed and sealed by the Notary Public;
  5. Ask your Notary Public Office if they provide for the necessary administrative formalities for legalization (one step legalization) by Apostille;
  6. If the Notary Public does not provide for the formalities of legalization, please proceed as follows:
    1. Legalize your signature at the Notary Public;
    2. Go to your local Legal Office for the legalization of the signature of the Notary Public;
    3. Contact The Ministry of Foreign Affairs for an Apostille at one of the following addresses :

Ministry of Foreign Affairs

Certification Section of the Consular Migration Policy Division

(Ryoji Iju Seisakuka, Shoumeihan)

2-1 Kasumigaseki 2-chome, Chiyoda-ku, Tokyo 100-0013.

Tel: (03)3580-3311 ext. 2308.



Ministry of Foreign Affairs, Osaka Office

c/o Osaka Prefectural Government

Ohtemaeno-cho, Chuo-ku, Osaka 540-0008.

  1. If you cannot go to the Notary Public in person for health reasons, contact the Notary directly and consult with them for a solution
  2. Mail the documents prepared in the above procedure to the Belgian Pensions Office.




ベルギー年金受給資格を有し、ベルギー国年金事務所またはその他のベルギー年金事務所から「Certificat de vie」という書式を受け取った日本国籍の方は、以下の手順に従うことが求められます。

! 生存証明の書類は、公証役場の公証人の面前で署名と日付けを記入してください。事前に署名と日付けは記入しないでください。


  1. 生存証明書はお住まいの市町村区役所に提出し、署名と印鑑を受ける。
  2. 市町村区役所で署名と印鑑を受けることができない場合は、地元の公証役場に出向く。(スムーズな手続きのために公証役場へは前もって持参書類の確認と予約をすること)
  3. 身分証明書を持って、公証役場へ出向き、「公証人認証書」を受ける。
  4. 公証人が、身元を確認し、英文の公証人の署名と印鑑のある「公証人認証書」が添付される。
  5. アポスティーユ証明を取得する。公証役場によっては、公証人認証書作成からアポスティーユまでの手続きを公証役場のみで行うことができるワンストップサービスが  可能。それぞれ近くの公証役場へ問い合わせる事。 http://www.koshonin.gr.jp/sho.html
  6. 公証役場でアポスティーユ証明取得までのワンストップサービスができない場合、以下の手順で進めて下さい。
    1. その公証人の所属する(地方)法務局にて公証人押印証明を取得。
    2. 日本国外務省にてアポスティーユ証明を取得。



領事移住政策課 証明班





外務省 大阪分室

〒540-0008 大阪府大阪市中央区大手前4-1-76



  1. 健康上の理由で公証役場に出向くことが不可能な場合は、公証人に連絡し、解決策を相談する事。
  2. 以上の手順で用意した書類をベルギーの年金事務所へ郵送して下さい。