Last updated on
Travel restrictions and other measures
From Japan to Belgium: As of May 23, 2022, all travel restrictions on COVID-19 have been lifted. For ‘very high risk countries’, some travel measures still apply. There are currently no countries designated as such. Please always consult info-coronavirus.be before traveling in order to get the latest updates.
From Belgium to Japan: As of April 29, 2023, all travel restrictions on COVID-19 have been lifted. Please always consult the official website of the Japanese ministry of foreign affairs before traveling in order to get the latest updates.
A vaccination performed in Japan can be registered in Vaccinnet if it meets the following 3 conditions:
- The vaccine administered is either a vaccine authorized by the European medicines Agency.
- The person vaccinated is Belgian OR has his/her main residence in Belgium, OR is the partner or cohabiting child of a Belgian, OR of a person who has his/her residence in Belgium, OR is studying or working in Belgium.
- The vaccinated person has an official Japanese certificate mentioning the name of the vaccine, the dose administered and the date of vaccination.
- The registration of Vaccinnet must be done by a doctor established in Belgium.
A European digital COVID certificate can be issued to anyone who meets all below conditions:
- who has been vaccinated outside Belgium, AND
- whose vaccination data are available in Vaccinnet, AND
- who, on the basis of the vaccination data available in Vaccinet, can be considered as fully vaccinated according to a vaccination scheme recognized in Belgium.