Are you a Belgian student or a researcher interested in continuing your education or your academic career in a Japanese university? Or are you a Japanese student or researcher interested in continuing your education or your academic career in a Belgian university. Some scholarships and funding possibilities for research exist.
WBI Scholarship 2024-2025
Wallonia-Brussels International is offering 3 specialization scholarships (postgraduate) of 12 months each to Japanese students. Candidates must hold a university degree and have distinguished themselves during their studies. The scholarships cover all fields of study. You can find a list of eligible academic establishments here.
The scholarship will include:
- a monthly allowance of 1147.56 EUR;
- a monthly allowance for the accommodation of 400 EUR;
- installation allowance of 123.95 EUR;
- cost of excess luggage (paid only once) of 247.89 EUR;
- travel costs of 250 EUR;
- tuition fee to the university/institution of higher learning: 835 EUR;
- costs in relation to the final paper will be reimbursed up to 185.92 EUR;
- costs in relation to the thesis will be reimbursed up to 619.73 EUR;
- health insurance (with the exception of dental care and chronic disease) and personal liability insurance (only valid within Belgium);
- allowance for international ticket fees (economy class, roundtrip capital to capital): up to 1800 EUR.
- he/she must be in the possession of a diploma of master (which gives access to doctoral studies).
The following documents must be included in the application:
- a detailed curriculum vitae;
- a detailed motivation and plan of study;
- a copy of diplomas and official transcripts;
- a recommendation letter;
- a summary or excerpt of the master’s thesis or dissertation (if any);
- a list of publications (if any).
Candidates shall submit their application in French or English to the Embassy of Belgium by 23 February 2024 the latest, using the application form below together with their CV in Japanese. A preliminary written and oral selection procedure will be organized by the Embassy early March 2024.
Detailed information in Japanese can be found on the website of JASSO.
Application form and Japanese CV
Study in Flanders
The Flemish government offers Japanese students the opportunity to participate in various scholarship programs for higher education in Flanders (Belgium). More information about this and other financing options for your studies in Flanders can be found here.