Home Travel Belgium Steps to apply
Steps to apply
Step 1 – Prepare your file
- Select the type of visa you wish to apply for and check the list of supporting documents
- Collect the required documents and prepare your application file.
Step 2 – Register on Visa-On-Web (VOW)
Step 3 – Book your appointment
- Once the VOW application form has been submitted, the “book an appointment” button will appear at the end of the VOW page.
- Press that button and select a convenient day and time for you to submit your complete application file at the Embassy of Belgium in Tokyo.
Step 4 – Submit your application file, biometry(*) and payment
- Come to the Embassy of Belgium in Tokyo with
- your passport
- printed copy of VOW application form (dated and signed)
- supporting documents
- the exact amount for the visa fee.
- Visa fees are to be paid in cash at the counter.
- Biometric data will then be collected(*), and your visa file will be checked for completeness.
- Please arrive on time! Otherwise you may need to book another appointment online.
* for Schengen C-visa applicants only. Biometrics are not collected for D-visa applicants.
Step 5 – Pick up your passport
- You will be notified by email when your passport is ready for collection.
- Bring your ID card and your receipt.
- If you wish to designate a representative to pick up your passport on your behalf, following documents must be provided:
- your receipt
- authorization letter signed by you
- copy of your ID card
- your representative’s ID card (original + copy)
- Alternatively, your passport can be sent to your home address directly by courier service. Therefore, please prepare a self-addressed prepaid Letter Pack PLUS (520JPY at the Japan Post Office) on the day you submit your application file at the Embassy. The Embassy does not assume any responsibility concerning any damage or loss that may occur during shipping.