Visa for Belgium
As of 1 July 2020, in accordance with European Recommendation 9208/20, the Belgian government has taken measures regarding the gradual reopening of its borders for travelers from Japan.
All travelers from Japan must respect a quarantine period of 14 days upon arrival in Belgium.
Every passenger on an Extra-Schengen flight to Belgium is obliged to complete this "Public Health Passenger Locator Form" prior to travel. On arrival in Belgium, the form must be handed over to the designated authorities at the border. This is a sanitary measure imposed by the Federal Public Service Health, Food Chain Safety and Environment. Further information can be found on the form itself.
Do you live in Japan and need a visa to go to Belgium for private/professional/academic purposes? Find all the necessary information about the visa application procedure on our visa pages:
Note for Schengen visa (Short Stay Visa C) applicants:
- Japanese Citizens do not need a Short Stay Schengen visa when they travel to Belgium for a short visit (no more than 90 days per period of 180 days).
- Non-Japanese citizens should check on the webpage of the European Commission whether they need a Short Stay Schengen visa for their intended trip.
- Please note that you may submit your visa application only 90 days before the intended date of departure.
- We strongly recommend that you apply at least 3 weeks before the intended date of departure.
- If you hold a special passport or travel document such as Diplomatic/Official/Service, etc., please contact us by e-mail.
Information on the GDPR