Visa for Belgium
IMPORTANT NOTICE FOR D VISA APPLICANTS:
Starting 3 December 2019, D Visa Applicants will not be required to submit their fingerprints at the Visa Desk.
Please note that it is still necessary to make a e-appointment (1 appointment for 1 applicant) to apply for a D Visa.
Do you live in Japan and need a visa to go to Belgium for private/professional/academic purposes?
Find all information about the visa application procedure on the following page: Steps to apply
Note for Schengen visa applicants:
- Japanese Citizens do not need a short stay Schengen visa when they travel to Belgium for a short visit (the stay in the Schengen zone should not exceed 90 days per period of 180 days).
- Non-Japanese citizens should check on the webpage of European Commission whether they need a short stay Schengen visa for their intended trip.
- Please note that you may submit your visa application only 90 days before the intended date of departure.
- We strongly recommend that you apply at least 3 weeks before the intended date of departure.
- If you hold special passport or travel document such as Diplomatic/Official/Service, etc., please contact us by e-mail.
Information on the GDPR